The TACT Group is looking for an intermediate network administrator and IT who can also program, develop, adapt and configure data capture and information management software.
Under the supervision of the Director of Technologies, the network administrator and IT will be in charge of monitoring network activities, to interfere in situations of crisis such as network congestions or access issues. The candidate must possess an acute knowledge of all network equipment, the different protocols of communication, the model OSI and different network architecture.
He will also be responsible of managing user’s accounts, from their creation for new personnel to their destruction following departures. Further, considering the rapid pace to which technologies and support systems evolve, the Network Administrator and IT will have to monitor and ensure that the network infrastructure of the company is updated and adjusted to the current needs.
The Network administrator will be responsible in implementing appropriate protection devices to monitor activity logs and carry a watch on security alerts. To anticipate all potential risks, the candidate must be able to develop a recovery plan which defines the actions to restore access as quickly as possible, in compliance with corporate security policy.
As part of the mandate, the Network Administrator and IT will be asked to:
- Participate in the design and architecture of the network’s infrastructure;
- Ensure the proper functioning, the availability and reliability of the connected network systems (LAN/WAN technologies, firewalls, VPN, wireless, load balancer, etc.);
- Participate in the diagnosis and network resolution problems (LAN/WAN); Maintain and monitor any material replacement and network software (Cisco);
- Maintain the dedicated web server, the virtualised environment and the operation of the production centres;
- Contribute to the technological choices of the network and security equipment; Plan, document and execute the necessary procedure to exploit and optimize the platforms;
- Ensure that all components have a data backup process;
- Participate at different projects which include a network component;
- Participate at the realisation of the plans and deployment of projects;
- Establish benchmarks to test and document the changes in the network or in implementation of new technologies;
- Provide technical development and deployment of network components ensuring environmental stability during change;
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documents required in its field of competence;
- Customize the information process flow;
- Configure data extraction tools;
- Daily manage and monitor networks based on routine protocols;
- Perform other related duties which follow the evolution of the organization, the IT operations department and specialist position in networking.
Profile of the Wanted Network and IT Administrator:
- College degree (DEC) in computer science with a minimum of 5 years of experience in networking, or all combination of experience and training considered pertinent.
- Knowledge of CISCO products, DELL and network concepts
- Knowledge of Firewall and VPN Knowledge in VmWare and Sphere
- Knowledge in telephony IP Asterisk or an equivalent
- Expert knowledge in My Sql Bilingual (French an English)
- Programming in ASP .Net, PHP MySQL
- Experience in a Linux/SQL environment Administrator experience in Windows Server
Competence required for the Network and IT Administrator
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Result oriented
- Capacity to adapt quickly to change
- Organized, resourceful and autonomous
- Curious and eager to learn about new technologies
- Posesses a good analytical skills Aims at problem solving
- Ready for a challenge
- Works well under-pressure
- Permanent full-time (37.5 hours/week);
- Flexible schedule
- Competive salary
- Attractive collective insurance plan
- Possibility of career development